Monday, April 1, 2013

Challenge #27 All God's Creatures

Hi it is Nicole... As I write this challenge post I am sitting on the couch surrounded by two cats and a dog.  They continually bless my life with friendship, laughter, and love.  I am thinking about a song we use to sing at summer camp each summer that goes:

"All God's critters got a place in the choir
Some sing low, some sing higher
Some sing out loud on the telephone wire
And some just clap their hands, or paws
Or anything they got now."


It is so true the animals are such a beautiful and amazing part of God's creation!

For this month's main challenge we would like you to create a project inspired by your pets.  Even if you aren't an animal person or don't have any pets, you can still be inspired by this challenge.  You can create a project inspired by any animal in God's creation. Your projects can even be about an animal-related experience like a day at the zoo or a farm. What is important is that we see that God is blessing us with everyday miracles using both the animals within our families and those outside our homes.  

SCRAP TWIST: USE AN ANIMAL RELATED QUOTE/SAYING OR EVEN A BIBLE VERSE ON YOUR PROJECT.   You can use it for your title, journaling or just an addition to your project! Just to help you get started here is a link to a bunch of animal quotes: http://www.petsinpastel.com/quotes.htm

Here are my layouts:




Here in my house we have 2 cats, 2 rats and 1 dog.  Each of them bring us joy but our dog Pluto has been one of the best gifts from God.  It all started 8.5 years ago when I wanted a dog.  I asked my husband he said no our lease says no animals and we already have 3 cats.  So I figured out the no animals rule but still my husband said no dog!  I begged, wrote a song about needing a dog and even changed his desktop picture on his laptop to be pictures of dogs from the local shelter.  Even though the answer was still No he agreed to go to the shelter and look at the dogs.  The first time he quite enjoyed himself but still he said no.  It took a couple of more trips to the shelter and finally he said okay we could get a dog.  There were two dogs both turned in from the same owner... both horribly overweight but very nice dogs.  We asked if they had gone through all their placement tests.  They said yes all but one the cat test.  They said if you come back tomorrow we can test them both.  As we left my husband gave one last look at the dogs and the one named Monty just looked at him like arent you going to take me home but being my husband he didnt want to admit that he had actually felt bad leaving Monty there.  Since I was the only one that could go back to the shelter the next day I was one that was to pick between the two dogs.  My husbands only advise was to pick the dog that did the best with cats.  First the girl dog went and she whined a little bit but did really well then Monty went; walked in smelled the cages and laid down.  The lady at the shelter said well I guess this is one then we will bring him up front!  I couldnt believe I was getting my own dog!  I took him to pick up my husband from work and his first words were I was so hoping you would pick him.  We decided to change his name to Pluto since my husband had always dreamed of having a dog when he was a kid named Pluto like Mickey Mouses's dog.  Pluto has been the best friend you could ever ask for... everyone that meets him always says he is something special... He loves all us but he is truly my husbands dog... loves to fly with my husband, tries to rescue him when we swim, even goes sledding down the hills with him.  He is a Catahoula Leopard dog so he isnt any small little dog!  God has used Pluto to bless our lives each and every day since we got him.  I thank God for him!

And just because I can't get it out of my head here is the All God's Creatures song!



Here are the samples created by our Design Team members. Hover your mouse over each layout to see what each has to say about their project.
Our Sponsor this month is:


Hello there! I'm Leena and I live in the tiny island of Singapore. I've been scrapbooking for 6 years now and the recent one year, I've turned from a traditional scrapbooker to Project Lifer. It's been an amazing year just dedicating my time and days documenting week after week worth of stories about me, my family and friends, my full time job, the places I've travelled to for work and holidays, celebrations and many more interesting journey of my life. I've also set up a very small online shop just a year ago, just to share handmade items that was originally created for my own use. Then I realized, I had a lot of request from scrapbookers all over the world asking for my handmade items to be made available for sale. That's how it got started. The response has been overwhelming and I'm so thankful to all my buyers for their support. My shop sells mainly core handmade items such as flair buttons or also known as badges which can be used for any kind of craft projects. They're a very popular scrapbook product amongst scrapbookers! Once again thank you to Scrapping Everyday Miracles for this opportunity to sponsor my shop products for their challenge this April! 

Instagram - username is "findingnana"

Leena has sponsored us with a wonderful prize that you could win by linking up a project to our April Challenges!  Wanna see it? That is $40 worth of flair buttons!  WOW!


Guess what everyone? Leena has prepared a discount code for all of you!!!! You can save  20% off total purchase of any products in her shop, valid from now until April 30th. The code is SEM20. You just need to enter this during check out. This discount does not apply on the shipping fee. She ships from Singapore to all over the world. 


**NOTE: You may submit the project you create for Scrapping Everyday Miracles to other challenge blogs but your project must be mainly created for the Scrapping Everyday Miracles challenge in order to win the sponsor prize and/or be one of Top 3**

 All entries must be linked HERE by April 30th, 11:59pm PST.

*Important: Make sure your link is to the blog post with your project & not just your blog in general...and be sure to remember the SCRAP TWIST!



10 comments:

Amarilys said...

wow! what a great challenge! LOVE all the DT's take on the challenge! Will see if I can make some time to play along this month! :)

Pam said...

I just discovered this blog today through Feline Playful and love everything about this site! I am definitely going to be entering your challenges All God's Creatures. I am so blessed with the love from my greyhound India and my whippet Gina every day. God's love shines through them with unconditional love.

Cara G said...

So glad you found us Pam...welcome! So happy to hear you'll be linking up to this challenge...can't wait to see your creation!

Nicole Brenna said...

Welcome Pam... I am so glad to have you jenter this month\s challenge. It is amazing that God gives us these precious animals to be part of our lives. I dont know if you saw but we have a facebook group if you are on FB whee we talk and inspire each other.The link is in the sidebar... just hit join group and I will get you added in Jiffy! Feel free to join and I look forward to getting to know. Blessings!

Tracey Sabella said...

So glad you found us, Pam!! I'm looking forward to getting to know you!! What great inspiration by the DT!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Cara G said...

Nicole...just had to tell you that I love BOTH of your layouts so much! They're both so fun and colorful...I especially love the photo of your dog & cat together on the first one...and the dimensional stickers you used are super cute!!

Scrapper Myra said...

THis is a great challenge... I hope I can participate on time. :)

Sarah said...

I just found your challenge and am so happy to participate. I love all the DT's inspiration; all the animal LO's bring a smile to my face.

Paula Jennings said...

My printer at home isn't working and I came up to the library to print up challenges and I can't find the sketch challenge. :(

scrappin2babygirls said...

great projects from everyone thanks for the fun challenge.